This is just a quick post to say that you don’t need to get your eyes tested! There really is a new look to the blog. If you read here regularly you may have noticed that there have been a couple of theme changes lately. The place needed freshening up for one and I wanted to add a little more personality to the mix.
I’ve finally settled with the JunPress Theme from the guys over at Viralogy Themes. I do have to admit though, being the guy that I am, I couldn’t help but tinker with the theme just a little bit. You may notice I’ve added rotating header images to the mix and a few things ‘under the hood’. Which leads me beautifully onto a shameless plug: I am available for blog development projects over at Elance if you ever need a hand. Enough of that…
So where are the header images from I hear you ask…
Well I’d hate to disappoint, there are six images in total and all have been collected from my personal travel photos. And well, if you’ve read this far into the post I guess you deserve a little insider information, I hope you enjoy!
1. This photo was taken in a natural harbour on my last night at sea as a Deck Hand in Australia. Good Times!
2. Back to civilization! This picture was taken after an amazing Chinese meal in Southbank, Melbourne.
3. If it’s ever a clear day and you happen to be flying into a new country with a camera at hand… Well, it may not be your first thought but it’s actually an amazing time to get some really great aerial photos. Although this is not my faviroute, I chose this one as it translates well as a header image.
4. This picture was taken by yours truly on the very last day of my Open Water Diving course. I was out at sea for three days in the Great Barrier Reef training with Pro Dive Cairns. I’d be happy to recommend them if you were considering taking a dive down under.
5. I am no professional photographer but every so often there is a shot that just blows me away. Here you can see a view of Sydney’s skyline from across the harbour!
6. Last but by no means least, I’m wrapping things up with another image from my time spent as a deckhand. It’s a suprising thing when you get out to sea how the world ashore can seem to disappear completely. Although I have absolutely no plans for it, if I ever seem to drop off the face of the earth you can presume that I took to the seas 😉